Re: [microsound] death of internet radio......fight back!! now

well,
i\'m not sure how totally off this comment is...
but here\'s a whack at it.

what about before webcasting?  all we had was the radio.
and the independent music scene still thrived.
in fact it was born that way.

i\'m not saying i\'m all for this, but i\'m just trying to point out
what it was like before all the convenience, etc. of what we have today.
it wasn\'t really all that bad.
i think it actually helped the independent community.
made it more of a [please excuse the cheese...] brotherhood or whatever.
us vs. them - that type of mentality.  and it wasn\'t all that bad.
my best experiences with music were BECAUSE the releases
weren\'t \'mainstream\' or easily found on the radio - if found at all.
they were FINDS, treasures.  i still have all those old 7\" records -
because they meant so much to me.
maybe the immediacy with webcasting is a bad thing?
does it foster consumerism for immediacy\'s sake?

maybe it will create [more of] an underground music community
than there already is.  pirate webcasting stations and all that.
maybe that would be pretty cool.

like i said, i\'m not all for this.
but i\'m ONLY just trying to point towards what it was like before
we had webcasting, and what a small band of like-minded people
going against the grain can accomplish on their own.

that\'s how the underground music scene began in the first place.

david

http://march.swifting.com