RE: [microsound] sorry for being so vociferous this morning but...

i tend to think that the notion of 'exploitation' is an entirely subjective
one.
in the case of the music industry, if you've got a band or artist whoring
themselves
to the label, to pepsico, to the public, then it's not exploitation.
the label then becomes pimp.

but if it truly is exploitation, then the positive effect of a free market
system
[as we almost have] is that the market will correct itself.
that's one of the wonders of capitalism: freedom.

and that's why those countries whose economies are based upon a free market
system
have been historically and remain to be THE MOST prosperous countries in the
world,
whose citizens have a much higher standard of living, that continues to
rise.

it's a beneficial system whose focus remains not the company, but those who
continue to benefit from the economy: the consumer.

read adam smith for further study.

david