Re: [microsound] cage quote

hi. don´t know if I ever read that quote in any of the written works
of Cage. Though I do remember an interview on tv where he answers "I
like all sounds" to the question of which types of sounds he likes
the most. This points more to the openness concerning the musical per
se which became his trademark. musical composition and listening is
"just an attention to the activity of sounds". I have a hard time
believing he would have said that everything is music - more likely
then that every man is a musician. but it is possible...

Concerning the relation between music and noise i just read the most
beautiful lines in the collected writings by Morton Feldman: "Music
is our dreams of noise. Noise is musics dream of us."

Happy new ears!
/tomas