Re: [microsound] the mysticism of microsound

> Why the Digital Computer is Dead

Trace, thanks for this link.  Right up my alley, and, while I'm still digesting
it, it reminds me of what Pepperell/Punt talk about in _The Postdigital
Membrane_ regarding the obsolescence of the digital, the unfortunate limitations
of the either/or, on/off bifurcation.  They call for a postdigital computer, one
that when asked a question answers not with a yes or a no, but with a "well,
maybe," or a "it depends."

An odd book, by the way.  A collection of little snippets, it seems so far, with
not as much depth as I was hoping.  And out of print, if Amazon pulling it off
of its database means anything.  Still, some interesting ideas.

G.

--Boundary_(ID_f03BoOUSBDxLuNA+Vc9Jlg)