Re: [microsound] RE: McLabor(ot) (ot)

Josh wrote:

"""Bottom
line is there's a lot of room for improvement, and that's all most
organizers are asking for. I'm not going to make some blanket proclamation
about all corporations or whatever, but I am going to find those specific
instances where companies perpetuate abuses and hold them accountable for
those abuses. """

Bravos.  You have more of a right to argue or complain aboutthis than most.
You have actually made an effort in making a difference.  more then most can
say.

"""that is very true. but its also important to look at how those countries
got
in those situations to begin with. A lot of the devastation/famine that we
now think of as the 'normal' state of India/Africa was brought about in the
19th century and stems directly from colonialism. Interestingly enough, as
countries like Belgium were ransacking places like the Congo for rubber and
raw materials (killing 10 million people in the process) they were taking a
public line very similar to what corporations say today: "free trade will
benefit the natives." "We have to be in there, those people are so backward
and poor."  that history is very important to understanding the distrust
indigenous communities... and then later activists... have toward
corporations."""

Again i think its a reflection of who the human race is.  Sadly.

Heres a book recomendation for you as well.

"Guns germs and steel"  Forgot who the author was tho:(

aLEKs

--Boundary_(ID_f03BoOUSBDxLuNA+Vc9Jlg)