stochastic waveform synthesis

>Kim, it sounds like you're reluctant to divulge the secrets of your
>stochastic synthesis technique, but I would be appreciative if you or
>anyone else could give me some leads on stochastic software synthesis.

_reluctant_ to divulge secrets? no... _unable_ to to divulge secrets? yes

there is another non-standard waveform synthesis method used in Arun
Cahndra's software for the PC, SGI and Linux which yields interesting
results as well: Wigout and TrikTraks
http://academic.evergreen.edu/users6/arunc/
caveat: this is sorta geekware and is like Csound in that you need to make
several separate files which do a 'compile' and renders the resulting
soundfile to your hard drive...I played with them while I was working on a
PC at Staccato Systems a couple of years ago and liked some of the files I
created...if you have any questions I might be able to help a little but I
don't currently own a PC and don't have the apps running in order to
refresh my memory...so it is worth reading all the papers and manuals Arun
has posted there...
also, there is no Mac version of either Wigout and TrikTraks in the works
as far as I know...but an enterprising person with summer holiday time on
their hands could cobble something like this together in Max/MSP...I've
been meaning to try this but have had no time...
enjoy!
KIM