Re: [microsound] Apple event in NYC

well we have a few ways to look at this whole situation. part of it comes from the fact that many higher profile microsoundish acts are macintosh users (kid606, kit clayton, gold chains, matmos, taylor deupree, etc...). also microsound is far past the point where its not a marketable commodity and so in order for magazines and others to deal with such a phenomenon, they (and we) are driven to create a sort of image of the "ideal" microsounder. its not really anything to get pissed about, it was bound to happen. this always has happened with musical practice and probabally always will. yes, its exclusionary, no i dont particularly like it, but thats how it is.

m --