"Expanded Cinema"

I recommend a book for any of you looking to enhance your sense of light
show/video/cinematic/ intallation history
"Expanded Cinema" by Gene Youngblood
there are some used copies on Amazon
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/offers/used/0525472630/ref=dpr_sdp_bb/102-6365
907-0406524
also, I had helped work on some live ambient video with a friend of mine
back in 1986 using a Fairlight video processor at a GlassHaus party here in
San Francisco using live video feeds and random footage we shot on a car
trip to LA and some stuff off TV...so anyone claiming that this is all new
due to laptops makes me reach for my gun... ;)
KIM