RE: [microsound] microsound as pop music

>you don't see liner notes go on
and on with extra-musical justifications with any
record that sells over 20,000 copies, much less
      2,000,000.

Do you think everyone cares that much about the post-structuralist theory
behind my particular manipulation of static?  we don't have liner notes,
because justifying music with an essay seems wrong.  letting the meaning be
subjective listener driven to me means don't get in their way with words.
 I'll write lyrics if I want to say something (or author a web site). I
know all the conceptual artists will disagree, and I certainly don't want
to start a fight with a conceptual artist - you keep your grant money and
I'll stay out of your empty gallery OK?

frankly, while wading into this debate feels useless, here is a challenge:

if pop is a style and it is brainless (not just anti-intellectual - there
are lots of serious artists who are anti-intellectual) I'd love to release
a CD of microsounders performing original pop music. Nobody said pop music
was easy, but there were a number of dismissive comments about pop.  you
know, formulaic, empty, derivative.  I want all those things.  just one 3
min. song, I'm begging you.

Graeme Scott
#216 - 237 E. 4th Ave
Vancouver BC