Re: [microsound] pop vs art music

I thought i might stay out of this conversation, but it seems I can't
control myself...
<lots of strange discussion deleted>

my friend,

either you are full of it or there is some really weird 19th century shit happening in the US.

here in (northern) europe most research points to the same big change going on: (young) people do not define themselves (or others) based on what they do for a living. this sort of invalidates your reasoning seen from this continent.

all the rest about companies - maybe you should stop reading so many books and think about it - the old stereotypes are still there even if maybe folks dont like to be called "union worker" anymore. it's the same system as always. also the industries that can be virtualized are only the service industries (like IT consultants, ad-agencies, web-design companies and stuff such as this - writing to mailing lists).

and i happen to think that music by xenakis and others have other more interesting uses besides being "status symbols". like triggering musical experiences ...