Re: [microsound] call for book lists

le 7/22/02 10:36 PM, Woody à woody@xxxxxxxxxxx a écrit :

> on 7/22/02 6:16 AM, Louis Dufort <siuol@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>> Jacques Attali, "Noise" New edition 2001:  A very good book to understand
>> the  economy of music through history of pop music and "serious" music.
>> Unfortunetly Attali don't cover the techno revolution and the new electronic
>> scene, too bad.  But still it's interesting. GET THE NEW EDITION.
>> http://www.notbored.org/attali.html
>
> I have an old edition.  What's new in the new one?  Any actual editing or
> just more forwards?

It's pretty much re-written.  The concepts are clearer and you have all the
latest devepement of the digital developement from the 80, to 2000, the cd ,
Naspster, Mp3 etc...

The only bummer as I said, Is that the book do not cover the techno
revolution.  He says that techno music is basically for a bunch disillusion
kid  "... les dj font danser une jeunesse aussi têtue que désespéré, qui
refuse d'admettre ou simplement de regarder le monde."

for the rest it's worth it because it's give you a global picture.

Louis