Re: [microsound] [OT] digital multitrack recording

>With the caveat that this doesn't seem to work on Mac laptops (I
>don't know if Windows laptops fare better, but given Windows grand
>history with peripherals and drivers etc :) I wouldn't chance it). I
>was looking at it too but was told on movable-parts to stay away from
>it for laptop use.

Shouldn't be any better on Windoze.  USB has very limited bandwidth.  Good
for MIDI, serial control interfaces, scanners, FDDs, etc..  Not good for
audio, video, CD burning, harddrives, etc.  Firewire is the way to go.  If
you don't have firewire on your laptop I think its better to start thinking
about upgrading rather than going down any USB path.