Re: [microsound] printer music

They (IBM) were still doing this in the 70s when I had my first employment as a developer at the IBM Nordic Labs. Everyone that came as a visitor was subjected to a demo of this meccano-sound.

I also remember from those days that Regnecentralen in denmark manufactured fast paper-tape punches that could make limited musical noises, but I have no recording of this.

In the 80s this kind of stuff became more multi/inter-media. I have a clear memory of a Seiko industrial robot that could make disco dance moves ;=)