Re: [microsound] database

Philip,
Have you read Lev Manovich's "The Language of New Media"? It's not as common as it should be in music circles. There's some great stuff in there about database vs. narrative logic. Are you interested in net.art sound projects that use databases?
There are a few locked groove records out there that might qualify... I'll try to think of them...
My release in Fallt's invalidObject series was a database like set of groups/modules that I pulled out of a single track and intended for others to use.
Jef Cantu and I are working on a release for this label called skylab operations that is 52 one minute segments of audio, composed one per week for a year. Just finished the first one, actually.
Another thing to consider would be granular synthesis (wherein tiny segments of an audio buffer are accessed out of order, much like data in a database). It's really common in glitch/microsound.
Anyway, any time you want to commiserate over beer about corporate life let me know!

-km