Re: [microsound] database

http://www.hku.nl/~pieter/SOFT/ST/html/index.html

"Spectroscopic Toolkit software translates quantumphysical data to AIFF
file. The process is alchemistic in file ST.c01_twoWeeks.c: atomic spectra
of the seven metals Au, Ag, Fe, Hg, Sn, Cu, Pb, in that order, are
transposed 40 octaves downwards. Frequencies are shaped into elongated,
overlapping, Gaussian grains. This sequence is followed by 6 ions: Ag+, Fe+,
Hg+, Sn+, Cu+, Pb+ (Au+ is missing because the database doesn't include
gold-ions). "