[microsound] how to write a vst?? Re: [microsound] AR models

The first thing to do is to download the VST plug-in SDK from Steinberg's web site.
I don't have the link here but I remember there is also a forum / mailing list somewhere...

You can also download the DXI SDK from Cakewalk's web site, if you want to write DXi plugins.
It's easier to write VST plug-ins than DXI, but the new SDK from Cakewalk is really better than the old one and even comes with application wizards for Visual C++. There is a Cakewalk newsgroup dedicated to DXI development, too.

Of course, depending on how you wrote your algorithm in the first place, you might also have to change a few things to process samples on the fly...

Nicolas

Nicolas Fournel wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm not sure, but the new 'Plex' plug-in from Steinberg might very well use that (with other analysis methods).
> Especially when you read what Wolfgang Palm was researching just before...
> I wanted to experiment with that but haven't found the time yet.
>
> Nicolas

Oh thank you Nicolas! I'll try to find it! Actually does somebody knows
how to write a vst/plugin?? I mean: I have written some algorithms and I
would like to use them as plugins (now I just use them as processing
filters, not in real time)... do you know if there is a site with
specifications or examples about how programming/writing a plugin?
thanks

e.g.ø

--
... e.g.ø :: http://eeegggooo.cjb.net