Re: [microsound] USB iMic

>> experience of trying to replace this card themselves and it didn't seem
>> like something I wanted to try with my laptop...
>> so today I was purusing MacWorld and I ran across a blurb for this
>> Griffin Technology USB iMic for $35 which is hell of a lot cheaper (and
>> easier to install) than buying a card and getting someone to install
>> it...

i replaced the inbuilt soundcard on my 333 powerbook once and it certainly
was an entertaining affair. it seems to be about the final component you
have to strip out after disassembling the entire laptop. the second
(replaced) soundcard also broke after time (with the loose 3.5 buzzing
problem) so after this i bought a i-mic to solve the problem. unfortunately
the latency is 70 ms which i quite grotesque however you can buy 3rd party
asio drivers to get it down lower. other than that i have had no problems.
good little product...

  w w w . n e u r o s p i k e . net  || _