richard chartier spins for unprepared ravers ... set list and anecdote....

hey everybody...
thought i would share a strange "cross-electronic-cultiral" experience

my weekly event FILLER was invited to bring its resident DJs and spin
at BUZZ ( @ NATION .... voted # mega-dance club in north america by
URB and god knows who else). http://www.buzzdc.com

coincidentally (? ...did we kill BUZZ with strange sounds...perhaps)
this was also the last night for the event... it closed down after a
9 year run... unexpectedly... last week to everyone's shock.

boys were breakdancing to "symphony for dot matrix printers"
i could not believe that all the little ravers were grooving. there
were more people in our space than in the "TRANCE" room overall...
a rather surreal experience.

so here is my setlist...

0/R "varied_04:06"
[THE USER] "symphony for dot matrix printers"
ARCANE DEVICE "descent"
LAURIE ANDERSON "difficult listening hour"
AKIRA YAMAMICHI "pulse beats1"
COH "prayer for russell"
MONOLAKE "frost"
NURSE WITH WOUND "soliloquy for lilith"1
PHILIP CAM "caddie's day"
SND "tender love" 14
DEADBEAT " cesium beam"
THOM KUBLI "mondok spo ts" 6
POLE "raum1 variation (kit clayton)"
PROCESS "shape mod"
COH with peter christopherson "silence is golden"
SAFETY SCISSORS "rubber stamp(kit clayton remix)"
TIM HECKER "music for tundra"
DYNAMO "24 degrees"
PROCESS "integ"
ANNE LISLEGAARD "the space between us"
DYNAMO "19 degrees"
FUNKSTORUNG/SPEEDY J "something for your mind"
TETSU INOUE/TAYLOR DEUPREE "modern/error"
AKUFEN "oral3"
ILPO VAISANEN "tukahduttaja"
PAN SONIC "vaihovirta"
LAURIE ANDERSON "walking & falling"

R I C H A R D C H A R T I E R

http://www.3particles.com
chartier@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

<<<
CD . of surfaces  [ LINE, US ]
CD . varied  (as 0/r) [ 12k, US ]
EDITION . mono.poly.chr signed/numbered print [ LINE, US ]
CD . for morton feldman (w/Roden/ Günter) [ Trente Oiseaux, Germany ]

EXHIBIT . @ Contemporary Museum [ Baltimore, MD ] Sept 5-Oct 12
http://www.contemporary.org
LIVE . @ Evolution 2002 [ Leeds, UK ] Oct 10 http://www.lumen.net
EXHIBIT . Invisible Cities @ Belfast Festival Oct 25-Nov 9