Re: [microsound] are all microsound/contemporary music/etc fans composers??

>question:
>are all fans of contemporary music also composers???
>if not what do you think the ratio is???

The ratio isn't static.  It changes over time.  At the moment (or at least
about a year ago) contemporary/microsound/experimental music has hit a peak
in popularity.  It was not always like this, and it won't always be in the
future.  A similar large peak occured in the early 1980s in the immediate
post-punk period. At this time quite a considerable number of people I knew
were into contemporary music but not making it.  There were other small
peaks in the late 80s and mid 90s but these did not seem to be as
significant as the current peak (which is possibly on its way down). At
other periods the ratio is close to 1:0 with only composers and the odd
collector/historian/ cultural theorist showing any interest.  Others might
remember things differently but that has been my experience.