Re: [microsound] feild music / not field recordings

As others have stated, working with a concept of a
field and field recordings results in quite
intereseting/amazing results.  What I find most
appealing is the idea that a composition can have a
structure but yet not be hierarchal.  A center-less
mobile structure.  Field recordings can definitely
provide such a situation since many times there are so
many things going on in a single recording that there
can be many centers of focus/attention.

For those of you who arent familiar with christophe
charles work, he has quite an interesting set of liner
notes with his 'undirected' cd on ritornell.
Definitely along the lines of a music with a multitude
of centers.  I recommend checking these out.

brian labycz
www.koura.us