Re: [microsound] Re: /4's for neanderthals

In the middle ages, number 3 signified perfection, a full circle.  in musical notation it was represented by a full circle as well.  4 beats to a measure were represented by an incomplete circle (hence 'C' in the modern notation).

--
../MiS

Michal Seta		http://creazone.eworldmusic.com/doc/mis
CreaZone		http://www.creazone.com
No One Receiving	http://www.noonereceiving.32k.org

upcoming release:
NOR - "The Release of the Wandering-Eyed Girl"
	http://www.grainofsound.com