Re: [microsound] Punch-Drunk Love Sound Design?

On 24/10/02 01:51, "Christian Aeschliman" said in living color:

> This is not [OT]  ... just hang in there ...
>
> So I just got out of that movie ... I decided to give the director another
> chance after Magnolia (which I hated).  Reading reviews online now and
> people either loved it or hated it.  The tables have turned on me ... I
> totally loved this movie ... am I like one of those Magnolia-likers now?
>
> Anyway ... what totally made this movie for me was the INCREDIBLE sound
> design.  It was half the movie ... I felt like blind people could have a
> good time at the theater with this one.

Hear, hear!

I just saw it tonight. The musical score/sound design is indeed quite
fantastic. This is of course coupled with amazing camera work. And countless
other wondrous things. A really great movie, so deserving of the Director
award it got at Cannes.

[This is coming from a different perspective, as I am from the "IMHO,
Magnolia counts among the Really Great Films Of The 90s (tm) -- Paul Thomas
Anderson is a genius" camp.]

g.

--
Guillaume Grenier - gollum@xxxxxxxxxxxx

in space there is no north  in space there is no south
in space there is no east   in space there is no west