Re: [microsound] influence vs. replica

Rabbits and jellyfish are received forms, granted. But to conceive of
genetic engineering as an artform strikes me as a NEW art never before
possible. Rabbits and jellyfish are not artistic in-and-of-themselves,
insofar as they were not ARTificially created but are forms out of nature.
The phosphorescent rabbit on the other hand is created as an artificial
lifeform through a technological process of gene-splicing.

If you're talking about the creation of NEW art without any reference to
prior forms, artistic, natural or otherwise, how is that even possible? I
can't even conceive of such a situation.

-=Trace