Re: [microsound] bruit

Kim, you're probably right.  But that's the way I've seen it spelled in all the
art history texts I've read that cover the early twentieth century
avant-gardes.  (Not that I've read them all, obviously.)  Probably got changed
somewhere and subsequent writers/critics picked it up . . .

Regardless, the term then became less associated with the movement and started
to be used as a pejorative to denigrate any kind of new music/art that offended
current tastes.

G.