From: j.frede [mailto:jfrede@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Thursday, October 24, 2002 7:45 AM
To: microsound
Subject: Re: [microsound]REvised influence vs. replica

let me try to make this question as simple as possible as people tend to go
off on tangents,

ie: hiphop, in its creation it was a new type of music,, and yes it used
previous recorded material via sampling to create the music but the vocal
technique was completely new (to my knowledge) and had never been presented
as a form of singing.  do you think it is possible that for the creation of
a new ART, MUSIC, etc,,, ?