Re: microsound Digest 30 Oct 2002 22:34:53 -0000 Issue 683

Dear microsounders,

Perhaps you can help me tackle a technical problem I am having with
mastering one of my most recent tracks.
The track in question focuses purely on the top end of the graphic spectrum.
I spent a great deal of time removing the low end to achieve a variety of
high end sounds. The problem that I am having is after having mastered it
within sound forge and limiting everything to -0.2 DB there is not a great
deal of a sonic output level coming out during playback. I guess comparisons
could be made to the synthesis of a dog whistle. Although with a dog whistle
the pitch is so high that the sound cannot be heard by humans, where as this
track is definitly audible however the frequencies appear to be less
friendly to general listening environments.
Perhaps there is a way that I can master this so that the output level seems
to be more in par with the rest of the tracks on my new CDR.
any comments would be greatly appreciated.

cheers
Dave

Broadband? Dial-up? Get reliable MSN Internet Access.