18.10.02 / 01.11.02 - Framework playlist

------=_NextPart_000_004F_01C28372.9C6880C0

Framework is broadcast alternate Fridays on Resonance FM, 104.4 in =
London (UK), or worldwide on www.resonancefm.com between 8:30 and 9:30pm =
GMT.=20
(time zone converter: =
http://www.worldtimeserver.com/?h=3D8&mn=3D30&ap=3Dpm&mo=3D11&d=3D15&y=3D=
2002&f=3DGB)

Next broadcast: 15.11.02

------------

Framework - phonography/field recording; contextual and decontextualized =
sound activity
presented by Joel Stern and Patrick McGinley

Thanks to everyone in London who came down to Hoxton Hall last week for =
the show, and to all of you who were able to listen in to our Resonance =
performance online.  It's been a busy couple of weeks, but things are =
settling back down now.  Three weeks ago we featured material by =
Jonathan and Michael as well as Joel and me (murmer) in preparation for =
the gigs, and the new phonography.org composers compilations (featuring =
field recordings used in composition, as opposed to the raw material =
that has been phonography.org's concentration so far).  This past week =
we looked at the French label Sonoris, as well as some work by Generator =
Sound's Gen Ken Montgomery.

Again, we are always looking for material for the show, whether raw =
field recordings or field recording based composition.  Send material, =
released or not, on any format, to the address below.   We are also =
hoping to have live performances as often as possible, so if you are in =
or passing through London please get in touch!=20

Framework
31 Nevill Road
London N16 8SL
UK

framework@xxxxxxxxxx

18.10.02
-------------

(artist  /  title  /  album  /  label)

William English  /  Weymouth Arcades
experimental film maker William English sent us some wonderful =
recordings, this one wandering in and out of the amusement arcades at =
Weymouth
wenglish@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Joel Stern  /  track 5  /  unplugged/jodphur  /  twothousandand
duet for rusty gate and violin on Joel's debut cd release for the London =
label twothousandand
sternjoel@xxxxxxxxxxx, www.twothousandand.com

mnortham  /  breathing towers (excerpt)  /  breathing towers  /  dorobo
stereo recording inside two hollow steel towers with wind blowing across =
the open bases
mnortham@xxxxxxxx, preg.org/~mnortham, werple.net.au/~dorobo/dorobo.html

Jonathan Coleclough  /  Cake (original version - excerpt)  /  Cake  /  =
Siren/Robot
early pulsing, layered, droning favorite; all-encompassing and beautiful
jonathan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx, www.minya98.freeserve.co.uk

murmer  /  liquid solid (compressed)  /  phonography.org composers 2  /  =
phonography.org
short version of a piece for freezer, rain, flourescent lighting, =
airplane landing gear and a dublin shop alarm
murmer@xxxxxxxxxx, www.phonography.org

anders ostberg  /  the singing room  /  phonography.org composers 1  /  =
phonography.org
Processed recordings of empty office spaces
ostberg@xxxxxxx, http://ostberg.cjb.net, www.phonography.org

the beige channel  /  arizona underground  /  phonography.org composers =
2  /  phonography.org
slowly opening a bottle of Arizona Ice Tea in the basement with ambient =
sounds of the kitchen filtering through
the_beige_channel@xxxxxxxxxxx, http://thebeigechannel.tripod.com, =
www.phonography.org

marc mcnulty  /  instant les trajectoires  /  phonography.org composers =
1  /  phonography.org
stretched tones and moans of unknown origin
marc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx, http://marcmcnulty.org, www.phonography.org

toby paddock  /  timestretch_a  /  phonography.org composers 1  /  =
phonography.org
a recording of a grandfather clock played at various speeds with no =
other effects or EQ
www.phonography.org

01.11.02=20
-------------

Gen Ken Montgomery  /  23rd Street, New York City, 2002
untreated recording inside Gen Ken's Manhattan apartment, the noise of =
city silence
www.generatorsoundart.org, http://home.earthlink.net/~kenmontgomery/

Gen Ken Montgomery  /  Public Hearing  /  The Architecture of the =
Incidental (compilation)  /  GD Stereo
a collage of field recordings made in various cities incidentally =
beginning with the same letter
www.generatorsoundart.org, http://home.earthlink.net/~kenmontgomery/, =
http://users.rcn.com/gdstereo/

Joel Stern  /  track 3  /  unplugged/jodphur  /  twothousandand
this week Joel's physical presence was replaced with his sonic presence, =
in the form of unidenifiable but familiar elemental scrapes and chimes
sternjoel@xxxxxxxxxxx, www.twothousandand.com

Artificial Memory Trace  /  Tribus, Foma and Bowlok (excerpt)  /  =
Distori (noah)  /  Sonoris
crisp shimmering tones and crackles, insects removed from life and =
screeching
skwi@xxxxxxx, http://www.radiantslab.com/amt/about, =
http://www.sonoris.org/

Michael Prime  /  Listen to Peyote  /  L-Fields  /  Sonoris
bio-electric signals of hallucinogenic plants translated to sound and =
mixed with recordings of the plants natural environment
mikep@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, http://www.sonoris.org/

Steve Roden  /  The Radio  /  The Radio  /  Sonoris
beautiful composition made entirely from both the physical and =
functional entity of a radio
sroden@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, http://www.inbetweennoise.com/, =
http://www.sonoris.org/
------=_NextPart_000_004F_01C28372.9C6880C0--