Re: [microsound] who is nn? who is cb?

hello.

well, it is interesting that, historically, people have always associated
womyn with technology.  the idea of the womyn as secretary or telephone
operator, has a lot to do with the idea of technology being prosthesis to
the human body, & the association we (human beings) have with womyn
& the human body.  the word matrix comes from the latin word for mother.
this trend in how we view technology has changed drastically in the past
few decades.  i personally believe ths to be a result of the hacker uprising,
& the idea that technology more than prosthesis for the human body or
mind, has essentially become the equivilent of a model railroad or toy that
boys could play with.

love
toni000
student.bard.edu/~ah827

p.s. i'm new to the list & this is my introductory post...