Re: [microsound] Meaning exists, its just microscopic meaning.

>but is the majority of microsound meant to stand
>alone, without tackling political issues, to be
>listened to only in a microsound context?  art for
>art's sake?

Seems like microsound needs to be divided up into a set of sub genera's.

or am I confusing it with other stuff that already exist's? Would it be safe
to say that everything done with field recordings should be considered
lowercase? Have I been confusing John hudack with microsound all along? Or
what about people like SND, who make use of microsound's to compose tiny
beat based structures? Or what about the work of pimmon that at times is
almost unbearable to listen to?

I just think the definintion of post-digital needs to also include process,
but wait a minute, maybe I am totally wrong. post-digital is in itself
digital... so what if we remove post-digital from the idea of microsound and
look at microsound more from an asethic point of view. Seems like the "idea"
side of it can be formed more out of the process. For example Taylor duprees
most recent cd "stil", related to the idea of stillness, and was inspired by
photography. Did not a creative process inspire the tracks? first a visual
artist capturing images, then another artist reinterpiting them as sound
using a set of computer "signs" or "language" of a known genra "microsound",
I dont disagree that we clearly hear the "tool", but thats not the only
thing we hear. we are also hearing Taylor duprees idea of what or how he
wanted to hear those photographs using the established language of
microsound. Taylor's interpertaion becomes a filter of photographs of
reality (another filter) to generate new form that now carries meaning, but
meaning that may not be unlocked unless the audience is aware of the process
and ideation the artist went through. Meaning and motive become residual,
thatin alot of ways keeps microsound from becoming little more than just a
meaningless tool. I hope I have not upset anyone, but this issue is one that
I ask myself alot, in regards to is this worth anything or have any value,
cause its not a popular entertainment mediaum, and not to mention, most
people listening to "experimental music" draw the line with microsound, so
why are we still interested?

Idea art? maybe.

Process art? maybe.

a way to interepert our existance and awerness? yes.

Maybe the meaning exists in microsound, its just microscopic meaning.