a microsound issue

Hi friends,
  I wanted to share an essay with you all.  I wrote it a while ago, but I'm
in the process of greatly expanding upon it.  The essay is incredibly
limited in depth, but I hope it carves out a broad landscape for inquiry.
I'm certianly having fun looking into it.
  I guess the basic idea is that in my current political world (current day
US), listening (as an act) is incarcerated by the state.  Of course,
incarceration, in all of its different forms, appears to be one of my
country's main activities.  I am interested in modes of listening which are
inherently emancipatory, which will prefigure (cf Attali) a similar
political emancipation.  I mention improvisation and Deep Listening as
examples of emancipated listening, but of course examples of microsound can
be used as well.
  I'd love to hear what you might say about it.

http://freelistening.org

-jim

p.s. I like petting animals, and sometimes they make sound.  I make sound
when people rub me, too.