reducing filesize (was matlab and mircrosound)

yes Michal you're perfectly right, critical code needs C++ or
brothers... however I think about Java as a mean to carry generative
(but not only) music into everybody's computer with java appletts
running into web-browsers. In this way the file size is incredibly
reduced!
Even if it is made with Flash, a good example of music with micro
filesize is this work by the good Ian Andrews:
http://radioscopia.org/radiohack/

do you know about other net-music with little filesize? (apart from MIDI
files obviously)

ciao
enrico