Re: [microsound] good flavor means good taste!

nice to see nautical almanac mentioned here... not sure about "bad tools",
carly & twig of na are just as intense about their tools as the computer
futuristos on this list... tho mebbe more of a looking into the past for
discardeds plus getting literally inside devices & rewiring them to allow
hands-on interfaces, patchbays that allow multiple alignments of signal
path, advanced circuit-bending... they sell a lot of stuff on ebay... a
customized drum machine earlier... lots of vintage tubes, speakers,
household goods purchased at estate sales etc... they know their stuff...
and imhofwiw are just as fetishistic about their tools... tho i doubt they
would appreciate my saying so... i will definitely say that watching them
play beats the shit out of watching anyone "playing the sims" on their
laptop... perhaps something to be learned by the academix about
presentation...??? just my $o.o2...
recommended:
james twig harper _brainwave_ cdr (commodore 54 permutations)
c ptak _prepare yourself_ (??~~~!!! you tell me)

forthcoming field recodings series starting with the recorded sounds of
atlantic sea crabs... (or something close to that)
+anything on heresee
http://heresee.com