Re: [microsound] ambient books

Nicholson Baker's novels, as well, from 'The Mezzanine' (a Proustian story that occurs in utter slo-motion as a man thinks about things while riding an escalator) to 'The Fermata' (taking its title, appropriately, from the musical term, this brainy sex book has a bit more action than the Mezzanine, but concerns itself with stop time).

 - - -
Marc Weidenbaum
www.Disquiet.com