Noise Circle

--0-2067254555-1037309736=:68437

That is a fantastic idea. It really speaks to a history of art and artisits that tried to create a "total art", Gesamtkunstwerk, one which is the embodiement and therein amplification of all forms of media. The "Noise Circle" scenario would be hoping for spontaneous acts of creativitity to bring about the arts at their purest form. The idea was originally coined by Richard Wagner although his vision was for the stage. The "Noise Circle" sounds kinda like Allan Kaprow's "Happenings". I'm reading this great book right now, "Multimedia: From Wagner to Virtual Reality" by Randall Packer, it is really blowing my mind and giving me creative fire. There is a great site check it out if your interested http://www.artmuseum.net/w2vr/index.html
"German opera composer Richard Wagner believed that the future of music, music theater, and all the arts, lay in an embrace of Gesamtkunstwerk or total artwork, a fusion of the arts that had not been attempted on this scale since the classic Greeks. In 1849, Wagner wrote the essay, The Art-work of the Future, defining the synthesis of the arts in which opera served as a vehicle for the unification of all the arts into a single medium of artistic expression."

"Allan Kaprow coined the term Happening in the late 1950s, and led the movement into the bright lights of popular culture that characterized the 1960s. Happenings are notoriously difficult to describe, in part because each was a unique event shaped by the actions of the audience that participated on any given performance. Simply put, Happenings, such as Household from 1964, were held in physical environments ? loft spaces, abandoned factories, buses, parks, etc. ? and brought people, objects, and events in surprising juxtaposition to one another. Kaprow views art as a vehicle for expanding our awareness of life by prompting unexpected, provocative interactions. For Kaprow, art is a continual work-in-progress, with an unfolding narrative that is realized through the active participation of the audience."

Elisha if you ever want to try out a Noise Circle and I'll do my best to help in anyway I can.