Re: [microsound] memory and melody

 dagmar,

I listened to the vexations link you sent me and I
sampled it.  I stopped listening to it half an hour
ago. I just have a fairly vague sense of it.  I could
probably figure out a few of its notes by ear, but
likely with a few mistakes.

I found that vexations had a very unusual melodic
line, with very unusual rhythm, and that it moved
slowly,  and almost as if it were stumbling along....I
think these are definitely factors affecting my lack
of remembrance.

i'm not sure what satie's intentions are, but i don't
recall vexations very well.

have you heard of the artist Rober Racine?  He
performed vexations at least once.

Ross
--- dbuchwald <dagmar.buchwald@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>