Re: [microsound] webmixing...great fun

Hi,

something similar happened to me recently after allowing Winamp3 multiple
instances to start (Options/Preferences).  While listening to Xstream radio
I decided to listen to some mp3 downloads.  I usually do it that way that I
open one of my music folders, click on all the tracks I want to listen to
and then hit play (instead of enqueue in Winamp); ordinarily the player just
switches from the radio station to selected tracks and plays them one after
another.  Now in this case, several instances of Winamp opened one after the
other and since the selected tracks were all very 'micro', there was a
wonderful overlay of several tracks with radio.  Too many instances forces
Winamp to its knees however, but now I can do it at will, put one track on
repeat, use crossfader or whatever and since the several players can all be
regulated in terms of loudness and equalizer, one could aim at real mixing.
At that time I was merely delighted by the resulting noise stream and did
not manipulate it any further, but that's quite a perspective without
needing any tools or additional software.  And using the radio station as
well brings in a nice aleatoric element.

Dagmar