Re: [microsound] Binaural

Yes, moiré is the same phenomenon as beating: with two different
resolutions of screen, the dots sum in some areas, forming larger
dots... er, though I guess the effect takes place entirely in the
positive cuz you can't really cancel out dots. Beating -- I'm sure there
must be a more scientific term for it -- takes place when any two
similar periodic media interfere. Another example is when you see
flickering monitors in a film: the frame rate of the film and refresh
rate of the monitor interfere with each other.

That M Theory sounds pretty cool...