paris bound? (OT)

Hey I thought I would use you guys as a resource...
I was recently offered a possible job in paris france....
its been 10 years since Ive been to paris does any one know what things
are like there these days? is the cost of living still crazy high, is
there still no real electronic music scene there unless you make jazzy
(yawn) house, or acid jazz/trip hop (equal yawn)....
I know that the bip hop label is based out of there but thats all I
know...
does it still cost 10 bucks to get a cup of java and toast?
is the national front still large in numbers there, in general is it still
a fucking racisit hole...
is france still only a good place to be if your making loads of cash?
Im thinking that Im going to have to negotiate at 100k cnd in order to
even just get by there....
any one on the list have any ideas?