From: Hans Erik Nilsson [mailto:hasse@xxxxxxxxxx]=20
Sent: Wednesday, November 27, 2002 1:54 AM
To: microsound
Subject: RE: [microsound] OT : (Was: it began in africa??)

>Hasse;
>
>This is extremely fascinating.  Have you any knowledge of websites that
>would cover these genres?  I'd really like to look into them, to see
>what's happening in Africa.  My knowledge of new music there is
woefully
>bad.
>
>Regards,

Unfortunatly, so is mine. The reason why I came to know a little bit=20
about it is that I bought my daughter a new backpack. She wanted an=20
all black one so I got her one from "Dickies". On my way home I met=20
an old friend who commented that my choice of rucksack was very cool=20
indeed, since Dickies is the preferred apparel-label of the=20
streetgangs of Capte town. Naturally, this was all news to me and we=20
started talking. Anyways, a googlesearch for "Kwaito" will keep you=20
busy for a while :-)

/Warm regards,
/Hasse

--=20
Mr. Hans Erik Nilsson | Voice: +46 73 6636331 | Standard disclaimer file
active
---------Unsolicited commercial email will be archived at
$1/byte/day----------
"In the nineteenth century, with the invention of the machine, Noise=20
was born. Today, Noise triumphs and reigns supreme over the=20
sensibility of men."
   Luigi Russolo "The Art of Noises" (July 1st, 1913)