Re: [microsound] acousmatic

On Thu, 05 Dec 2002 10:23:29 -0800 Kim Cascone <kim@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
writes:

> > BAsically the composer intervention on
> > the sliders is to spatialize sound in space.
> sometimes...other times the composer simply pushes the 'play' button
> and diffuses the piece into a space

Or sometimes, not even that. Once, I had the great fortune to attend an
electroacoustic diffusion that along with pieces by several composers, a
new piece by Toru Takemitsu made it's debut. He was actually seated in
the back row of the audience, but the curator, composer Richard Karpen
pushed play. Maybe the EA version of a roadie?  ;)
Best, Dale

Only $9.95 per month!
Visit www.juno.com