Re: [microsound] venues in L.A.

At 12:53 PM -0800 12/6/02, Thom Blum at Muscle Fish wrote:
>What and where are the live venues in Los Angeles for a .microsound-bent
>ear? I'm travelling to L.A. on and off these days, and I'd like to catch
>some good experimental music -- whatever that means -- as well as scout
>around for places to do a future performance.

Rocco in Hollywood. Beyond Baroque in Venice. The Knitting Factory in
Hollywood. Salvation Theater in Silver Lake. The Smell downtown LA.
None of these is primarily focused on microsound but will have such.
The Knit is  obviously at the commercial end of the spectrum. The
others are much mellower.

Richard Zvonar, PhD
(818) 788-2202
http://www.zvonar.com