Re: [microsound] hidden from the audience

On Wed, 2002-12-04 at 19:18, j.frede wrote:
> i think it would be wonderful if this became a trend in this field of music,

actually i think it would be terrible.

for me, performance is about seeing someone move to make music.  it adds
something to the music.  otherwise the 'performer' should admit that
they are not a performer and maybe bring a cd to play.

laptop performance is a problem, in that the relationship between the
performer and the music is lost in a blank stare into tft.  the answer
i've found is to project my desktop so people can see the movements i'm
making to make the music.  works for me.

lets not follow the traditions set by laptop 'performers' replaying
predetermined loops.

alex