Re: [microsound] neo romanticism, Lev Manovich, postmodernity discourses

--------------806BA4D61EFD1C691A77AD1C

Thank you, Jon,

those too links are extremely helpful -- at least for me.  And yes,
Romanticism, the sublime and its stance against rationalism belong to the
discussion we had so far (in my eyes more than a discussion of modernism
vs. postmodernism).  It is extremely hard not too fall into romanticism
when argueing against rationalism and vice versa.  Not being aware of
them doesn't help at all.  And both traditions are alive and kicking --
under different labels of course.  Erik Davis' Techgnosis would belong
here too.

I am really looking forward to reading Coyne's book.  Thanks for bringing
this up, I had not heard of it yet (blush).

Dagmar