Seattle, WA: shows at Polestar

Hey folks,

Thought I'd put in a plug for tonight's show at Polestar in Seattle, even
though I won't be able to attend them myself [being in SF]. The show
features Eso Steel (Richard Francis) who is on tour from new Zealand, and
Seattle's own Climax Golden Twins (with special guests I think):

 http://www.seattleimprovisedmusic.com/polestar.html#schedule

I was fortunate enough to have Richard play in my Field Effects series
last week and it was a real honor. The reward of hosting concerts at my
place is a steady stream of ear-opening, provocative, beautiful and quiet
work, and that's just what Richard provided, doing a half hour or so set
of carefully and impeccably selected, tuned and edited field recordings.
When he finished I had the distinct impression of returning to waking
conciousness from a hypnogogic dream state.  Highly recommended.

I would also mention that I've been a fan for a long time of CGT, and
have been falling asleep to their latest album 'lovely' for the last few
weeks.  Field recordings, abstracted sounds, humor, clarity, space in the
mix... all good.  Not seen them live yet sadly.

 aaron

  ghede@xxxxxxxx
  http://www.quietamerican.org