Re: [microsound] cdr jitter etc/cd labels

On Fri, 20 Dec 2002 20:08:43 -0800 (PST) vadim sprikut
<blohhskj@xxxxxxxxx> writes:

> http://www.cdrfaq.org/faq02.html#S2-41
>
> >>the horrors! actually, i was reading further on about differences
> in media (silver, gold, etc) and basically how brittle these things
> are. has anyone actually experienced problems with cd labels (like
> the DIY labeling kits) damaging the cd-r?

Before doing what I do now, which is getting my discs duplicated
elsewhere (with printing on them), I used to use the Fellowes brand
labels, which I used for that very reason. As far as I know they are the
best for staying adhered to the discs. I used and sold them for about two
years and never during that time did I receive a complaint or a return,
nor did I have any trouble with them myself.
Nor have I had problems with "jitters"; and my CD player was made in
1992, and was a moderately priced deck at the time with only a 4x sample
rate. Now, on the otherhand, dust has been a problem, but that occurs
with any kind of disc.
The only problem I had once, a couple years ago, was that my portable had
a hard time playing my burn of the Falsch mp3 release by Shirt Trax. What
happened was that I didn't close the disc when burning the wav converted
mp3 files. After doing that, it still plays fine to this day. Or maybe
it's glitching and I've been thinking it's the music...  ;-)

Dale Lloyd:  http://www.and-oar.org/dalelloyd.html

and/OAR:  http://www.and-oar.org/

Only $9.95 per month!
Visit www.juno.com