Re: [microsound] cdr jitter etc/cd labels

A small DIY CDR-label should have no trouble matching (and with real=20
care - improving on) a pressed CD. It is up to you, it just requires a=20=

little care and knowledge  The rest of the difference in audio quality=20=

is usually the work of a good mastering engineer and the same goes here=20=

- be aware of the problems and use your ears (dont rely on a "mastering=20=

plug-in") and you can do just fine.

All CD players manufactured have had not only error correcting but also=20=

interpolation, i.e. when they cannot correct they "fill in the blanks"=20=

to a cetrain degree by synhtesising the missing bits based on an=20
algorithm. But older players may have better mechanical build quality=20
that is less affected by off-center discs etc. Today most low-end=20
players have cheap mechanics that rely on electronic controllers that=20
try to compensate.

/Jan L.