Re: [microsound] Sitting on our hands

Mark Ragsdale wrote:

>To the gentleman in Korea-
>The only way to change the world is through the promotion of peace. We start
>by bringing peace to our own thoughts and that has a calming effect on those
>around us. War is a result of our racing paranoid thoughts. So please
>refrain from getting hot under the collar.

"Anger is the political sentiment par excellence.  Anger concerns the
inadmissible, the intolerable, and a refusal, a resistance that casts
itself from the first beond all it can reasonably accomplish--to mark
forth the possible ways of a new negotiation with what is reasonable,
but also the ways of an untractable vigilance.  Without anger, politics
is accomodation and influence peddling, and to write of politics without
anger is to traffic with the seductions of writing."--Jean-Luc Nancy