Re: [microsound] nobody knows lion king and geeez'n'gosh? :)

Hi,

"Nobody knows de troubles I see" or "I have seen" is an African American
spiritual/gospel stemming back from the era of slavery.  An
interpretation of that spiritual by Mahalia Jackson was one of the first
recordings I heard in childhood (in Germany, in an atheist household).
So not knowing "The Lion King" but knowing the spiritual all the better,
I became curious and checked in Allmusic.com and they came up with 226
recordings of that song.

So I'd reckon geeez'n'gosh are citing/quoting that gospel song.
But I am not sure.

Dagmar