installation documentation-

....a kind of follow-up tangent from the 'invisible to the audience thread'

2 questions for y'all, one practical , one theoretical..

1: I'm currently trying to put documentation of my sound installations
online and I'm desperately running out of space with my provider. Can anyone
recommend any good (cheap preferably) hosting people, I need to chuck up a
load of MP3s and a few video files.

2: Is it worth trying to document sound installations? In most of my work
the 3D acoustic space where its presented is key and IMHO yer average stereo
recording doesn't do it justice (in some cases even injustice). Video helps
to get an idea but doesn't give any sense of time (e.g. some work has a
fairly continuous tonality that is only structured by the listener moving
around in and out of the exhibition space. Does anyone here know of Shawn
Decker ( an amazing sound artist whose work would definitely appeal to the
microsound listers I feel, check him out at www.artic.edu/~sdecke/ ) .I saw
a presentation by him at ISEA last year where he was talking about
completely abandoning the idea of documenting his work because it really
gave people the wrong impression.
So, input, has anyone heard/seen documentation of sound installations that
do them justice, or had difficulty/ease doing it with their own work?

duncan.

--
duncan speakman
http://www.kleindesign.org