Re: [microsound] The 3rd Best Experimental Artist from the 2002

let me explain...first of all the award was based on a *reader poll* taken
via the website a not the magazine handing out an award willy-nilly due to
my hanging out with the experimental music editor and doing lines off a Def
Leppard mirror with her in the bathroom during a 3 day dance party on
Ibiza...

I typically eschew awards and top ten lists because they are always
political in nature and usually have strings attached...but this award came
out of the blue for me; it was a total surprise...it was also strange to see
myself in the company of other artists like Roger Sanchez, Richie Hawtin,
Sasha, John Digweed et. al., so yes there was a little bit of subtle humor
involved in my post...it was surreal and I posted it knowing that all the
thinking people on the list would get the joke...

reminder:  this list was set up to build a community of artists/fans through
sharing our accomplishments and ideas...because when one of us wins, we all
win...
nuf said,
KIM
PS: halluciphile, if there is ever anything I can do to piss you off further
please let me know! :)